This delicious recipe is great when you’re craving a healthy homely meal. The sweetness of the potato complements the tomato-based sauce and the chickpeas make it a filling dish. I made this recipe on a whim the other day and it was very simple to cook, requiring hardly any preparation. A dish that cooks itself is always a winner when you’re low on time.
Best of all, my family loved it and there wasn’t a single complaint!
This dish is perfect served on its own or with a side of rice or quinoa.
2 large sweet potatoes
1 can of chickpeas
2 cans of tinned tomatoes
1 can of coconut milk
1 bag of spinach
4 cloves of garlic (chopped)
4 tbsp of tomato puree
4 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
4 tsp of cumin
4 tsp of turmeric
1 tsp of cayenne pepper
Fresh coriander to garnish
1. Peel and chop the sweet potato into small cubes
2. Boil the cubes in a pan for 15 mins
3. Whilst they cook, put the garlic, tomato puree, vinegar, spices and a splash of oil into a pan and heat for a minute
4. Add the tomatoes and coconut milk and let the mixture cook for 20 mins with a lid on
5. Drain the sweet potato cubes and add to the sauce with the chickpeas and spinach and cook for a further 15 mins
6. Add salt and pepper to taste
Note: Once I tasted it, I added another half can of coconut milk for a creamier sauce. If you prefer your sauce more tomato-based then leave as it is.
If you liked this post, check out: Healthy Dessert Recipe: Raw Vanilla Coconut Fig Slices
To keep updated on new posts, please follow and subscribe!