I may be a little late to the party but I recently discovered the powers of essential oils. I had no idea that scents could have such a big impact on my mind, body and mood. It’s no wonder, since our sense of smell is connected to the part of our brain that is responsible for memories and emotions.
What are essential oils?
Essential oils are created through the distillation of natural materials such as plants. They have been used for years to help with skin treatments, medical ailments, relaxation and mood boosting.
How do you use essential oils?
The great thing about essential oils is the versatility that you can use them with.
- For skin treatments and muscle aches, massage the oil directly onto your skin or mix with cream or lotion.
- Muscle aches can also be remedied by adding a few drops of the oil into a warm bath.
- To improve mood, relax or help with congestion it’s best to breathe the oil in through vaporisers or applying a few drops onto a piece of cloth, your pillow or clothing.
- The oils can also be used as a scent for your home, simply add to a vaporiser to diffuse the oil and enjoy the perfume as well as the health benefits.
Buff & Butter Essential Oils
I love the range of essential oils offered by Buff & Butter. There’s an oil for almost every ailment you could think of.. stress, aches, congestion, blood pressure, sleep – the list goes on!
If you’re new to essential oils, like me, here is a rundown of my top 5 to get you started:
1. Clary Sage
I loved this oil. Really helped me relax and I also used it at night to help me get to sleep. It is also particularly good for cramps.
- Calming, relaxing properties help you sleep
- Cooling effect for sore muscles and skin inflammation
- Reduces stress and depression
Best way to use: Massage into skin or mix with cream or lotion.
A life saver when you’re suffering from a cold, Frankincense helps you breathe better!
- Astringent properties beneficial for skincare
- Eases sinus and chest congestion
Best way to use: Add a few drops onto your pillow or a handkerchief to help with congestion or use within a cream for skincare.
Quite a potent smell but ginger is renowned for its ability to settle your stomach.
- Balances an upset stomach, nausea or motion sickness
- Warming effect improves circulation, providing relief from arthritic pain
Best way to use: Add a few drops onto a handkerchief or a warm compress if you’re feeling sick. Massage directly onto skin for pain relief.
Similar to Frankincense, Myrrh soothes congestion but can also relieve the pain from a sore throat or cough.
- Antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties
- Soothes congestion, coughs and sore throats
Best way to use: Mix into a cream for skincare or add a few drops onto a handkerchief for congestion.
This is probably my favourite essential oil so far. Very effective in helping me sleep but I also love the versatile properties from stress relief to improving skin.
- Improves skin and acne
- Mood booster
- Lowers blood pressure
- Sedative properties aid sleep
Best way to use: Massage into skin or add drops to your pillow or a handkerchief.
To view the whole range, visit: BuffAndButter.com/Essential-Oils
Don’t forget to let me know how you get on!
If you liked this post, check out: Kikki.K Happy Healthy Habits Box Review
To keep updated on new posts, please follow and subscribe!