A quick and easy passionfruit cheesecake recipe with ginger biscuit base – delicious!
If you’re not a fan of ginger, you can always substitute the biscuits for any other of your choosing. I decided to add strawberries on top to decorate but this step is optional!
200g ginger biscuits
80g melted butter
200ml double cream
6tbsp icing sugar
Optional strawberries to decorate
1. Crush the ginger biscuits to form crumbs using either a blender or rolling pin.
2. Add the melted butter to the crushed biscuits and press the mixture into a springform tin to form the biscuit base, then place into the fridge.
3. Pour double cream into a mixing bowl and whip using an electric mixer to stiffen.
4. Add the mascarpone, icing sugar and passionfruit and mix well.
5. Taste the mixture and add more icing sugar if necessary – particularly if the passionfruit was quite sour.
6. Spoon mixture over the biscuit base and spread evenly.
7. Place back in fridge or freezer to chill.
8. Optional: Once set, add sliced strawberries to decorate. Place the largest slices around the edge to create the base of the flower. Then build up each layer, using smaller slices each time.
9. Remove from springform tin and serve chilled.
If you liked this post, check out: Dessert Recipe: Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake
To keep updated on new posts, please follow and subscribe!